2. Use, Processing, and Sharing of Personal Information The following information applies to anyone who shares with us his, her, or a third-party’s Personal Information. We may use, process, and/or share your Personal Information (and we have done so in the past 12 months): To respond to your inquiries and your requests regarding our Website or Services.
To send you information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
To complete your Website registration, process your payments, and communicate with you regarding your purchase of our Services.
To send you marketing communication and newsletters about our Services.
To personalize your experience on our Website.
To inform you and allow you to participate in our Company’s events.
To facilitate social sharing functionality.
To collaborate with business affiliates, partners, vendors, or service providers to provide you with our Services.
In connection with our business purposes, as described above, including but not limited to data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing or enhancing new and existing products and/or services, expanding our business activities, etc.
We will not use and/or share your Personal Information with anyone except for our Company’s authorized service providers, business affiliates, and business partners, and strictly for business purposes; or unless we specifically inform you, and give you an opportunity to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information.
However, we reserve the right to disclose Personal Information that we believe, in our sole discretion, to be necessary or appropriate in the following circumstances:
As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
To enforce our Terms and Conditions.
To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
3. Collection of Other Information
Passively Collected Information: Your visit to our Website may allow us to obtain certain additional, personally non-identifiable information that is collected passively using various technologies. This information includes but is not limited to, for example, IP addresses, browser types, date and time of page views, location information associated with your IP address, domain names, your interactions to an ad delivered by us or our ad technology partners and other anonymous statistical data involving your use of the Website and/or our services. This information cannot presently be used to specifically identify you.
Aggregated Personal Data: The Company may analyze your Personal Information provided through the Website or in connection with rendering the Services, in aggregate form. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our partners, affiliates, agents, or service providers for business purposes. We may also disclose aggregated statistics to explain our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful, business-related purposes.
4. Website Tracking We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, also:
Track your use of our Website and the Services for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, etc.
Track your behavior on our own Website and use of the Services to market and advertise our services to you on our Website platform and third party websites. You may opt out of receiving advertisements by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/). Please note that even if you choose to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising on the Services, generally. The advertising will simply not be targeted or specific to your interests.
5. Tracking Technologies on our Website The Company may use the foregoing technologies to track your activity on our Website:
Cookies. When you visit our Website or otherwise interact with the Service, we may send one or more “cookies” to your computer or other devices. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers stored on your computer through your web browser and are used by most websites to help personalize your web experience. Some cookies may facilitate additional site features for enhanced performance and functionality such as remembering preferences, allowing social interactions, analyzing usage for site optimization, providing custom content, allowing third parties to provide social sharing tools, and serving images or videos from third party websites. Some features on this site will not function if you do not allow cookies. We may link the information we store in cookies to any Personal Information that you submit while visiting our Website.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but some features on the site will not function properly.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are electronic files that signal when a webpage, advertisement, video, other content, an email or newsletter has been viewed. They are usually invisible to you. We may use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about our Service. Web beacons may be used within the Service to track email open rates, web page visits or form submissions. In some cases, we tie the information gathered by web beacons to your Personal Information to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and our marketing campaigns.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plugins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification. ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash and/or HTML5 cookies.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and its accompanying FTC regulation protects the privacy of American children aged 13 and under, who are using the Internet. The GDPR sets the age at which an EU child can give their own consent in order to process their Personal Data at 16 years of age.
The Website and our related Services are not intended for anyone under 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. Anyone aged 16 or under should not submit any Personal Information without the permission of their parents or guardians. Parents or guardians may, on behalf of their children, submit their children’s Personal Information. By using the Website and our related Services, you are representing that you are at least 16 years old and that you have the relevant legal authority to submit your Personal Information or that of a third-party minor, to the Company or on the Company’s Website.
8. Security We maintain reasonable and appropriate, although not infallible, security precautions. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information, despite our reasonable efforts. You should note that in using the Website, app, and/or our related Services, your information will travel through third-party infrastructures which are not under our control. Please feel free to raise any questions, concerns or specific directions you may have regarding the privacy and security of your information to email@example.com.
9. Data Retention We will retain your Personal Information for four (4) years, or as long as needed to provide the applicable Services. Our data retention period may change in the future if a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
10. Do Not Track Your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services you visit. The Company’s Website endeavors to respond to "Do Not Track" signals or other mechanisms from a visitor's browser. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
California “Shine the Light” Law
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California customers are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. This code section applies to businesses with 20 or more full or part-time employees.
You may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews If you submit testimonials, ratings, or reviews of the Services to the Company and/or for use on our Website, any Personal Information you include will be displayed on the Website. We may also partner with third-party service providers to collect and display ratings and review content on our Website. If you provide our third-party service providers with your Personal Information in the process of submitting your rating and review, the content and Personal Information collected by a third party will be posted on our Website, absent your express instruction not to do so. If you want your testimonial, rating, or review removed from our Website at any time, please contact us at email@example.com.
17. Opt-Out Policy If, at any time after registering, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, or if you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Contact Us If you have any questions or concerns relating to our use of your Personal Information, please email email@example.com. Additionally, you may reach us by postal mail at:
Switchboard Technologies, Inc. 24881 Alicia Pkwy STE E #121 Laguna Hills, CA 92653